Uffington white horse hand-made leather strops

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I have another six of my Uffington White Horse strops available. The strops are handmade from 3.5mm veg-tan leather, with a solid brass D-ring at one end (to hold in your hand) and a paracord loop at the other (e.g. to hook over a branch). Size (approx) 1.25" by 12". Ideal for use in the field or at home (the strop rolls up very small).

The horse is 'engraved' into the leather, as this fits with the design of the original horse, which is, in effect, engraved into the hillside. The outline is cut by hand using a swivel knife, before the background of the horse is 'matted'. All are dyed in mahogany and finished with carnauba wax. Brass ring is saddle stitched in place, with linen thread.

strop_027.jpg

strop_028.jpg

Price £10 each, which includes free P&P to UK destinations. Paypal preferred, let me know if you want to use an alternative payment method.

If interested, please PM me for further details.

Thanks for looking.

Geoff

Last edited:

MandaPanda

Jul 24, 2011
Sussex
Very nice - I'll take one it will be useful as well as match a ring I bought at a re-enactment fair about 15 years ago :)

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
And all of them gone now.

Thanks to all who bought one. No doubt I'll get around to making some more, but I'm back to belt making for the next couple of weeks.

Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE