Typo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
I know we have a pretty liberal attitude to spelling and grammar on BCUK, but I thought you might like to know that there's a minor typing error on the BCUK home page. I'm a clumsy typist too. It's easily done.

Prize is spelled as prise in the second sentence of the "LATEST NEWS" column.

Otherwise...... Good work Tony. :You_Rock_

directdrive

Forager
Oct 22, 2005
USA
I saw that "prise" too. Thought it was a Brit spelling such as aluminium rather than aluminum or colour rather than color.......Hey, you may start a new spelling trend!............:) Bruce

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
directdrive said:
I saw that "prise" too. Thought it was a Brit spelling such as aluminium rather than aluminum or colour rather than color.......Hey, you may start a new spelling trend!............:) Bruce
:lmao: I had a lesson in HTML for beginners a few weeks ago, and it took me ages to realise that it'd only work if I spelled "COLOUR" the American way - "COLOR." :eek:

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
havingagiraffe said:
I know we have a pretty liberal attitude to spelling and grammar on BCUK, but I thought you might like to know that there's a minor typing error on the BCUK home page. I'm a clumsy typist too. It's easily done.

Prize is spelled as prise in the second sentence of the "LATEST NEWS" column.

Otherwise...... Good work Tony. :You_Rock_

Old thread, I know, but I thought this message I received might interest y'all :

:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

> > Don't delete this because it looks weird. Believe
it or not you can read it .....
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > >>I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty
uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg
> >
> > > >The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch taem
> >
> > > >at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in
waht oredr the ltteers in
> >
> > > >a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht
the frist and Lsat ltteer be in
> >
> > > >the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses
and you can sitll raed it
> >
> > > >wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn
mnid deos not raed ervey lteter
> >
> > > >by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Such a
cdonition is arppoiately
> >
> > > >cllaed Typoglycemia :)-
> >
> > Amzanig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling
was ipmorantt....

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
that is pretty impressive. it just reads as normal! wreid!! <- It doesn't work for 'wierd' too well though does it, I could be writting 'wired'?!

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
scruff said:
that is pretty impressive. it just reads as normal! wreid!! <- It doesn't work for 'wierd' too well though does it, I could be writting 'wired'?!

It works when the word is in a longer text; from the context, you figure out which is the most likely from a list of known words.

So, if I gave you "Rmebmeer taht Klely le Bcork flim cellad Wreid Sncecie?" you'd read "wierd".

If I gave you "the pulg was wreid wlgnroy, so the minhace wluod not wrok", you'd understand "wired".

K.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
IIRC you read it as normal text because your eyes read normally a couple of letters, rather then one by one and than form a word out of it.
Your brain automatically mixes those mixed up words back up to normal readible words.

Pretty amazing that grey matter, isn't it?!

:buttkick: Nerd alert ;)

EDIT: ehm ... beaten by Keith ... :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE