two spoons

forginhill

Settler
Dec 3, 2006
The Desert
Here are a couple of spoons I did recently from mesquite wood....first one is a serving spoon, second is for eating....

1-P1400669_zpss9ngpiuh.jpg

1-P1400709_zpshqwzyyjt.jpg

1-P1400952_zps2oxypnox.jpg

1-P1400956_zpscwusuzwn.jpg

Last edited:

forginhill

Settler
Dec 3, 2006
The Desert
Sorry. I don't think I'll get them to show for a bit. Google quit offering their picasa image service, which was what I used. Have to figure something else out now....I can see the images, but I guess no one else can....

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Sorry. I don't think I'll get them to show for a bit. Google quit offering their picasa image service, which was what I used. Have to figure something else out now....I can see the images, but I guess no one else can....
Try Google photos!?
It's their new app thing...
Pretty much seamless from Picasa especially if you have gmail.
Google drive is the online backup service that does it all for you.

...Saying that, I hate Google !

Hope it helps

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Had the same problem when they moved me over to Google photo from Picasa, put a complaint into them and heard nothing back...numpties.
I put my Shave horse pics onto Youtube to post them up on here, bit of a faff but works.
Hope you get something sorted, we like to see pics of your work (I think I speak for many members here) they are always a source of inspiration. :)

Rob.

forginhill

Settler
Dec 3, 2006
The Desert
Thanks, Whittler Kev. I went with photobucket. I don't like the fact that they make it impossible to use without buying ad free service, but whatever. I'm sick of trying to find a photo hosting service, so I paid the fee for a year....

Here's another one I just finished up out of desert willow.

1-P1410369_zps0y88jzyn.jpg

1-P1410363_zpskbnz80pa.jpg

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
I really do love your spoons. I can manage a functional spoon but yours are works of art! Trying not to be envious because at least it gives me something to aspire to.

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
Lovely spoons! I particularly like the asymmetric handle design of the first one, that looks really great, and a useful shape overall

forginhill

Settler
Dec 3, 2006
The Desert
Thanks for the comments. Kelly, though quite hard, mesquite isn't that bad. I'm used to it though. But I remember when I first started carving with it, I could hardly make any progress. It's important to find some that is straight grained and to carve the spoon from a radial blank. My difficulty is that I live in such a dry desert I have to carve it dry. When I try to carve it green it just cracks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE