Two sharp shiney things for sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
First up is for the bowl or kuska carvers, or anyone else who likes scooping wood out of a chunk of tree. It is called a scorp, made by Pfeil.

This scorp is designed for fast roughing out when making bowls, spoons, chairs and other concave shapes. The cherry hardwood handle is profiled for comfortable prolonged use. An extra long tang goes deep inside the handle and the large diameter shank increases accuracy by reducing chatter. It has an overall length of 7" and a scorp with of just over 1". An excellent tool.

sm-scorp1.jpg

sm-scorp2.jpg

sm-scorp3.jpg

I'd like £18 please plus £2 P+P Sold pending payment(Paypal only please).

Now here's an unusual bladed tool. It's technically an ulu I suppose, but I commissioned Lawren Wimberly (Phoenix) to make it for me to slice through leather, which it does beautifully. It is handled with antler and brass and the blade is HC sharp and polished.

sm-ulu4.jpg

sm-ulu1.jpg

sm-ulu2.jpg

sm-ulu3.jpg

I'm looking for £55 + £5 p+p please (Paypal only).

Thanks for looking.

Eric

Last edited:

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
That scorp looks really coolEric :) How was it to use for roughing out?

Craeg

It was very good actually. A bit like a one handed drawknife. I've made a stack of bowls with it over the years and it removes the wood three times faster than with a spoon knife. I roughed it out with the scorp then finished with the spoon knife. It was excellent for doing chair seats too.

Eric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE