two of the knives that i make.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

longshot

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 16, 2006
Newfoundland, Canada
Sunp0007.jpg

Sunp0011.jpg

these are 2 of the blades that i make from scratch, i use the stock removal technique and use saw blades from circular saw, table saws, and radial arm saws. ive also used stainless from the blades that are used in chicken processing plants no pics of those yet as they are still in the works.

what do you think

enjoy

dean

longshot

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 16, 2006
Newfoundland, Canada
thanks for the kind remarks.

the wood on the "red" handled one is birch i found a branch that fit the hand and let it dry, the silver part you see in the pommenel is a Canadian quarter that i inset into the handle and jb welded in showing the cariboo for artistic licence and because it is a skinning knife after all.

the wood on the other is white oak, i think, i reclaimed from an old pallett.

i keep the temper in the steel by quelching the steel when i gets to hot for my bare hands to hold, thats about 60 to 80 degrees farinhite. this way i dont have to worry about the heat treat if i chose my stock carefully. i use high carbon steel only.

dean

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE