Two nights work down the drain..

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
%_$& #!!$& #@$& %¡©

:mad: spent two nights carefully shaping a new svord handle out of some lovely spalted beech biker sent me only to B!!ggered it all up drilling the countersinks. My old electric corded drill chewed them up and spat em out! All because I was too impatient to wait for my rechargeable drill to charge up.

Lesson learnt.

Sean Hellman

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2009
devon
www.seanhellman.com
It happens and we learn but it really puts us in a bad mood.
Are you sure that you can not save them, over the years I have found all sorts of ways of rescuing projects.
Can you for example drill out the countersink with a larger drill and plug and re countersink. Just thinking out loud as you have not posted an image and do not know just `how bad` this cock up is.

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I've drilled them through with just that in mind, but now need to find the right size dowell to plug with. More annoyed with myself. The only saving grace is these were a trail run for something much grander. So in a way it is a good thing.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Burggeration indeed, sorry to read that Mike. Hope they're salavagable. Aren't you glad you got most of the tree sent to you and not just two iddy widdle bits of wood? You probably have enough wood to make several sets of Svord scales with that lot. Just one saving grace there and me trying to make you feel a little better.

These things happen, learn from them and move on, just don't kick the dog/cat/wife/kids/wall/kitchen cupboard/car in frustration.

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
same happened to me the other day mate, so no need to worry!! annoying i no!! My problem was my counter sinks wernt symmetrical and the screws didnt line up! :( Iv finished the second one now, really happy with it! :)

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Unlucky mate, that kind of thing can be really soul destroying. I've messed knives up before, not too many as i never make the mistake again. Sheaths on the other hand, i've scrapped many of. Nothing worse than spending hours on something to mess it up with one simple silly mistake.

I feel for ya man. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE