Two knives to ID. Help!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shovel

Forager
Jul 12, 2012
Wherever I choose to live.
So, one of these was my dads, the other was my grandfathers, which I found in his old climbing equipment. The folding knife says "Inox, Solingen, Germany on the blade and "Degén" on the handle.

The Mora Scout look alike says "Sweden" on the sheath and "Sturdy Tool and Hardware Co. On the blade.

I will try to get pics up as soon as possible, but it doesn't seem to be working right now.

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Shovel,

Inox just really means stainless steel, or "rust free". Solingen are a German company, used to make the sheath knives for the scouts, also during WW11 managed to persuade the german high comand that it would be a good idea to make all of their cerimonial daggers for the military, police and SS. This allowed them access to rationed steel supplies so that the company didn't go kaput.
As Niels says some pics would be good as there were many knives made by both companies. Some exclusivley for some markets.
I'm sure you'll get loads of help here and at British Blades (those guys are sharp).
TTFN,
Goatboy.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Solingen is a place (Germany) as is Mora (Sweden) they have a similar history to Sheffield

Loads of makers marked their blades like that - it was a pedigree/mark that helped sell it as quality

as said Inox is stailess its from the French acier inoxydable,

would love to see the pics - how the mark is patterned can narrow down the maker.

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
Are these them?
DSCN0208.JPG

DSCN0213.JPG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE