TV show in America

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
Well, I dont normally watch alot of TV outside of either the discovery channel or history channel here, but, I am addicted to a show here in America called "The Unit". It is a fictionalized show about US Army Delta Force soldiers, and its split between them doing stuff, and what their famileis go through while they are off having fun. Anyway, tonight, they had one of the soldiers in a helicopter accident somewhere over Russia. He used several techniques (albeit a little fictionalized, but, pretty good for TV) such as using a fire bow (although, where he got the wood from, I dont know, he was in what looked like a high steppe plateau), water from digging under a rcok (ok, it FLOWED up, but, the technique was there), setting a snare to catch wildlife (right next to his shelter...), he ate grubs though, and even made an attempt at signalling with his watch crystal. He used what was left of the helicopter, and even made a statement how, normally, you WOULD stay with the wreckage, but, in his instance, he simply couldnt. Overall, for TV, I was fairly impressed. Even if it was a little Hollywood.

Broke

Mar 20, 2007
Okinawa, Japan
cool! Hollywood is catching on it looks like!

If he was trying to evade the enemy though, that might have explained why the plot had him leaving his chopper behind.

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
Yeah, but he was with a civvie. & he had fashioned a radio directional out of parts from the bird, giving him a way to "hear" civilization. So, he walked toward that. Anyway, it was kinda neat to see the techniques demonstrated.

Axe Catcher

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
The Wilds of Stratford-upon-Avon!
oldsoldier said:
Overall, for TV, I was fairly impressed. Even if it was a little Hollywood.

I saw the whole first season and bits of the second while I was in the US, I agree, for tv it's a pretty good series, although it gets more "Desperate Housewives" as it goes beyond the first season. :)

AC x

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE