Turned and Carved bowl

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
I scored a load of green sycamore on Friday and celebrated that evening by carving this bowl. The carved decoration took longer than I thought it would, but I think that it was worth it. More pics and info on my blog.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Damn man, that is one nice bowl. Do you know what would go great with that a bowl top, for hot salads an such a Pub in liverpool uses them to deliver the frys and salads for the outdoor BBQ's. I am going next Saturday and I will take a pic if you need any ideas.

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
Thanks for the compliment. The problem with turning a lid for it is that it won't be quite round when it dries out. The rim will distort a little (which I quite like).

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That's a great-looking bowl, and would appeal to quite a few on the forum who, like me, have trouble with arthritic hands from time to time. Very ergonomic and easy to lift and move even with wet/cold hands, and a lovely shape as well....................atb mac

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
Thanks for the nice comments folks. It really is nice to handle. I find myself turning it a bit like a cog.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE