Tuesdays chill out

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Was out last Friday with a friend who has shooting over here, but he doesn't camp out.When we called back at the farm I got the ok to. So went back on my own yesterday to check it out.Here's some pic's :-
01.jpg

04.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

These are the rocks above the first picture
11.jpg

What price can you put on the time for this.
Cheers all, just tought I'd share

Last edited:

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
very nice pics, btw whats your bergen, in the second pic down with teds head poking out of, it looks similar to the old ww2 commando ones from what i can see of it?although i cant make out as its side on.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
very nice pics, btw whats your bergen, in the second pic down with teds head poking out of, it looks similar to the old ww2 commando ones from what i can see of it?although i cant make out as its side on.

Hi Andybysea you might tell me ? I've had it over 30 years can't remember where I got it now it's that long ago
haversack002.jpg

haversack001.jpg

cheers Danny

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Sorry Nope it aint WW2 commando bergen now as i can see it properly its a civi pattern using parts of left over 37 pattern webbing,aparently quite common after the war. The material used for main body is the correct type, the leather part where the straps attach looks like the part the metal commando bergen frame would fit, and like i say the straps look like 37pattern webbing, its probably a civi from the late 40's 50's design, the commando bergan had a larger main body, pockets on each side with utility straps above each,a pocket(straped and zipped) on the front, a pocket in the lid flap, and it was on a metal frame, look see if you can find any markings on yours to show it came from old wartime materials left over,although theyve probs long since worn off,if they were ever there. cheers Andy.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
ps just noticed in the bottom pic the inside of the strap has a small loop of material stitched to it ,well thats a clear sign its left over 37 pattern webbing,that strap came from a 37 pattern cross strap or yoke to support the belt kit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE