Tuckeroo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Green Deane

May 17, 2009
Florida
www.eattheweeds.com
My first post, and from Florida about an Australian tree. But, some of you may have books and connections I do not have. It is about the Cupaniopsis anacardioides. Several sites say the ripe fruit is edible, and several say it is not. The Aboriginals were said to consider the ripe fruit choice. I suspect it is the arils that is edible. These trees grow in Florida and I'd like to sort out which part is edible when. If anyone has an idea, I'd like to hear it.

Green Deane

May 17, 2009
Florida
www.eattheweeds.com
Based upon a quick google search the fruit would appear to be ripe when edible. But as alway's eat at your own risk.

soe townsville

Brian

I've exhausted the internet, which I also know to be very inaccurate. I am hoping someone with a book would have something definitive. The question is which part is edible when? There is the seed, the aril, and the exocarp and mesocarps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE