Trueways survival school - any good? Any recommendations?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 14, 2019
UK
truewayssurvival.com
Hi all,

Just to confirm: My review has been published, eventually. I assume the delay between me posting it and it actually going live was caused by the above mentioned investigation and contacting the other participants.

I consider the post above being an answer to my question that was still pending, so that takes the two points mentioned by Trueways.

Apologies for lack of patience.

A lot of things can still be said, such as 5* review does not mean the syllabus/course description is accurate - a review of other participant from earlier this year suggests the description is not accurate. Comments form one of the 5* reviews above suggest the same.

Which was actually my point all along.

I was not aware of any group vote mentioned above. Not on the first day, not any other day. But maybe that discussion happened when I was not nearby and I do realise that without any records, this is a "I said - he said" discussion that doesn't lead anyone anywhere.

However, I suggest:
- I stop complaining. please pass my sincere apologies to the lady in the office
- Trueways updates the course syllabus, description and kit list to prevent any further confusion and/or disappointments

Final word: As I said before, I was very happy with basic -> advanced survival course in Cranham, a couple of years back

Hi Jan.

Thank you for this post and your suggestions. We will address this post and take a further step before we draw a line under the subject ourselves.

"However, I suggest:
- I stop complaining. please pass my sincere apologies to the lady in the office
- Trueways updates the course syllabus, description and kit list to prevent any further confusion and/or disappointments"............

Ness in the office accepts your apology with understanding and thanks.

We will do one, possibly two things with regards to the course description.
Tell Les to not deviate from the syllabus at all, or update the course description to reflect any changes..

The Kit-list improvements you recommended.
"The kit list sent:
- Never ever needed survival knife
- We did not need gloves
- Binoculars: not really needed
- Sleeping mat: Not needed at all!
- We did need sleeping bag
Meaning, 25% of the kit list is rubbish".

We would still strongly recommend taking all the above going into the African bush, however we will state that some clients do not feel these are needed.

We would like to take a further step as a gesture of good will.
We know you really enjoyed our 5 Day basic to advanced Woodland Survival Course. We would like to offer you a free place on either our
2 Day Urban Survival Course, or our 3 Day Coastal Survival Course.
We feel this will more than make up for any Survival instruction you felt you missed out on and we really hope you take us up on this offer.

Best wishes.
Trueways Survival Team.

Nov 12, 2019
Netherlands
It is a very generous offer that took me completely by surprise.

Thank you for that.

Very much appreciated! If any of your team visits the Netherlands, give them my number, I'm happy to treat you for a pint :).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE