true north little tarp

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
I reviewed the big tarp on the now defunct blog section on here but there is a review still on SoTP here. Short answer, I personally don't like the size, too small but if it is the same as the big tarp (and I reckon it is) the construction and quality is awesomely good (it's what you're paying for)

My 2 cents,

Cheers,

Alan

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
now then i have on and in my honest opinion worth every penny and an ausome bit of kit and i also have the big one as well and well i love them both and would use either in a heart beat
now yes the small one does have its limits as does the big one but i have to say they far sir pass anything i have asked of it and i go out in all weathers and all times of year

drew

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
None at all, but I love your tag. I've just overhauled my kit for the coming year and my optimism has been restored. It seems to work on those, like me for whom youth is a pleasant if distant memory.

Glad you like my tag, it made me chuckle when I first read it . Us outdoors lot have been fickle about kit since we first walked out of caves and stood on two legs and it was nice to see it put into words 100 years ago :)

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
thanks chanisaw and drew for your replys :)

Drew do you have any in use photos of the small one that you would be happy to put on here ?

armie

Life Member
Jul 10, 2009
The Netherlands
I have a True North Little tarp, little experience with it, but I can say this: light, very good quality, and I don't think it's too small.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
IMAG0042.jpgIMAG0043.jpgIMAG0044.jpgIMAG0041.jpg

now the first one is a piccie of logo and out side corner

the second is a ridge line loop

the third is a internal piccie of back of corner loop

and the last is the hole tarp laid on floor

measurements are 3 mtres by 2.2 mtres

drew

ps click image to make it bigger

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I've got the Little Tarp. Superb piece of kit: a good size, well thought out, reasonably light, well prooofed against the rain and built to last. Nowt to complain about, really!

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I have the Big Tarp. Everything as above except the seam tapes started lifting in places after about 18 months of regular use.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Thanks for your comments guys, I now have one in the post :) and should be with me to get out and play with at the weekend .

The thing that got me shopping for a nice new tarp is that old one was a light tan colour and stood out in the forest . Although it is not illegal to use a tarp and bivi out in the forests here ( pitching a tent is illegal ) , it is a good idea to use discreet colours just to avoid having to explain that you are stopping for a rest and not camping and are therefore within the law here in Germany :)

Thanks guys :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE