True Detective - Season 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
For those who enjoyed the excellent first season of True Detective, the trailer for the second season has been posted.

(NSFW)

Each season will feature an entirely different cast and location, this one doesn't look so bad despite the presence of Colin Farrell.

[video=youtube;Q4uxGbhO4ag]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4uxGbhO4ag[/video]

Rachel McAdams plays a woman on the edge who is experienced with weapons and combat. No typecasting there, not at all. :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
what's it generally about and what's it like for bad language, sex etc? I'm always up for watching a new series (so season one's of interest)

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
S1 was a murder investigation, deep south of USA, very atmospheric. Bad language, drugs, violence, sex, all yes. The two main characters are troubled individuals which is what gives them their (false) depth and motivations. S1 is on bluray etc now and well worth picking up. One of the best things I've watched in a while although I have pretty weird tastes... I enjoyed S1 so much I am worried about S2.... ;)

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
what's it generally about and what's it like for bad language, sex etc? I'm always up for watching a new series (so season one's of interest)

I think Chainsaw's already put you off, which is just as well, series one goes to some pretty dark places, something I wouldn't normally enjoy, but the two leads, Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson put in incredible performances, I was on the edge of my seat for most of it.

But no, not for you Tony. :)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Tony, season one was superb but one to watch when the children are asleep.

Sad to say the UK can't keep up with the quality shows coming from the USA these days

The Walking Dead
The Blacklist
Game of Thrones
The Affair
Vikings (Irish / Canadian production)

Tony safe= ;)
Modern Family
Brooklyn Nine - Nine

et al.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
anybody hoping for a season 3? season 1 was amazing, and thoroughly enjoyed season two especially the huge shoot out. I usually can't stand shoot-outs or large conflicts in books, movies etc but was blown away by this one i must say!

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Yeh, it was good. Not as good as one, but still, good.

Ray Donovan is another excellent series, if you havent seen it. Watch it from the begining.

I thought that wayward pines sucked.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
See I enjoyed wayward pines but not season 2 of true detective. To be fair I never gave it a full chance and only watched a couple of episodes. I might have to have a second look

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Snap, I only watched a couple of episodes of wayward pines. It was enough though!
It attempted to emulate, but lacked the surreal quality of David Lynch's Twin Peaks

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
It is and he's easy to take in. Better than the live free or die series IMHO

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Im also a closet of fan, of Mountain Men, [dont care if its called fakery, lov the scenery and their lifestyles] and Yukon Men.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
True Detective season 2 wasn't a patch on season 1 however I did enjoy it, like the dreadhead I thought the shootout was well filmed and was perhaps a more realistic portrayal of this sort of thing than we usually see.

I thought Rachel McAdams was brilliant.

I'll check out 'The Following' as anything with Kevin Bacon in it is usually good.

:)

Edited to add:

Dreadhead if you like a good shootout, the upcoming film 'Sicario' may be worth a look...

[video=youtube;ymx2jrknr3I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymx2jrknr3I[/video]

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE