Trouser Braces - Leather

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Hey all, just finished these trouser braces for my brother in law as he has been after some for a while. Snapped a few shots today wearing them before i send them down to him. Quite fancy making myself a pair now! These were a first for me, rather chuffed with the outcome :)

WP_000457 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

WP_000463 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

WP_000450 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

WP_000453 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Brilliant, Hamish! Being a narrow-shouldered sort of a man they'd not slip off so readily with the high yoke; and some type of side piece might just be ideal to hang a knife from in situations where you'd need to be discreet.

They'd also stop the clever buggers that always have to "ping" my elastic Dutch army ones and think it's funnier than Morecambe & Wise! Good work :)

Dreadhead

Brilliant, Hamish! Being a narrow-shouldered sort of a man they'd not slip off so readily with the high yoke; and some type of side piece might just be ideal to hang a knife from in situations where you'd need to be discreet.

They'd also stop the clever buggers that always have to "ping" my elastic Dutch army ones and think it's funnier than Morecambe & Wise! Good work :)

Tidy work Hamish.
one teeny suggestion?
The back strap would benefit from two clips to spread the load.
not a criticism just a suggestion.

I may have t speak to you about a couple pairs myself

Great suggestions guys, thanks :) These were more of a custom order, so I made them to the specs i was given, but should I make more will definitely think of two clips at the back (definitely if made for myself as most of my trousers have two tabs at the back like in the pictures), and possibly a side strap for knives :)

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I'd be down for a set too. Look brilliant!

I personally wear a two strap design that crosses over at the back into two aswell, but I guess you'd have to make one of each and test them out. Certainly looks the part though.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Every once in a while, I get to see some genuine craftsmanship.
Not the $hit which seems to flood the world.
Thank you very much for restoring my faith in real work.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
(definitely if made for myself as most of my trousers have two tabs at the back like in the pictures), and possibly a side strap for knives :)

*Feels ears ***** up

Sounds interesting. I almost always neck carry knives but the cord around me neck does annoy me at times
Price and pics dependent I could be interested too

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I'd like to see how you'd do the knife hanger, would it be another buckled strap going horizontally from front to back?

Dreadhead

I'd like to see how you'd do the knife hanger, would it be another buckled strap going horizontally from front to back?

Yeah I think that would probably work best, will have to take it back to the drawing board for a while

I would also be interested in a set.

Feel free to contact me :)

Dems Braces that can be past down generations. Love it.

cheers Stevie

Very tasty work Hamish, they look great. :bigok:

thanks mate

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE