Tropical vector borne Viral Double Whammy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Just had the blood tests in.

Pleased to announce that I have a double honours - a first in Chikungunya Fever and a second in Dengue Fever with a minor in plasma leakage.

I used to read the old explorer stories of chaps in deepest Africa or whereever who managed to get several illnesses at once and simply wonder.

Finally I have achieved what the old timers did two mosquito borne viral tropical fevers running in parallel!

And yes it hurts like the old names suggest - Bent-up Fever and Breakbone Fever

Have I cooked my brain in the process? Possibly but BCUK is the only path to sanity I know so please humour this odd post

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ooooh :yikes: that's worse than measles and mumps at the same time :sigh:

Really hope the medicines do their job and you're well asap.

:grouphug:
M

BOD

I never did like the jungle!
Heal fast mate!

I wish I could say I got it while hacking my way through the jungle to discover a Lost World but the reality is that Dengue is an urban tropical disease as is Chikungunya too.:(

I probably got it in my garden.

The jungle is cleaner - in bacteria and viral terms - than the cities

mikeybear

Forager
Feb 15, 2010
UK
I wish I could say I got it while hacking my way through the jungle to discover a Lost World but the reality is that Dengue is an urban tropical disease as is Chikungunya too.:(

I probably got it in my garden.

The jungle is cleaner - in bacteria and viral terms - than the cities

I was just about to ask how you got it, and what should you do to avoid this sort of thing .
But if you can catch it in your back garden ....... what hope is there ...

hope you recover quickly,

MB

BOD

I was just about to ask how you got it, and what should you do to avoid this sort of thing .
But if you can catch it in your back garden ....... what hope is there ...

hope you recover quickly,

MB

Put insect repellent on and wear long trousers and socks in the evenings or napalm the local village on the other side of the fence that has stagnant water in the drains and discarded items.

I did neither:(

Last edited:

mikeybear

Forager
Feb 15, 2010
UK
Put insect repellent on and wear long trousers and socks in the evenings or napalm the local village on the other side of the fence that has stagnant water in the drains and discarded items.

I did neither:(

Just packing for East Africa, So i've put in an extra pair of long trousers an the jungle formula .

Cheers

MB

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Blimey mate, that's pretty nasty. I've luckily managed to escape getting aything serious and only had a minor bout of malaria. I hope you get back to being 100% as soon as possible.

BOD

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE