Tritium Markers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Yes, ive seen these but generally they are just the bare tube and are quite small. Im looking at getting something much bigger like the MP 182 which can be pack mounted and act as a reading light

Ah interesting.

I did have an idea of trying to mount one (or more) onto a velcro morale patch.

It was just trying to work out if the trits would be large enough to say illuminate the contents of a bag, and robust enough to be mounted inside the bag.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
could be interesting....
this for Estonia?

Ive got that in the back of my mind to try and preserve night vision Sam. If Mr Grizzly is creeping about i want to see him coming lol but you know what a sucker i am for gadgets lol. Im also trying to greatly reduce the weight of all electrical kit.

Ive just about managed to make my bios stove weight neutral in my kit by chucking out all the heavy charging crud and big flashlights i normally carry.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I understand that Betalights used to be used by the military a reasonable amount for map reading. I haven't seen one in use for ages though. I wonder if LED technology has made them a little pointless? I use a tiny little LED light for map reading, with a bit of insulation tape over the lens- with a pin hole in it. The result is just enough light to map read without damaging your night vision and lighting you up, in a very small (and cheap!) package.

It doesn't have the 'gadget factor' though!

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
mate i am so up for a group buy on this one,i could do with the big job you pictured as well as the toggle/zipper markers.

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
I understand that Betalights used to be used by the military a reasonable amount for map reading. I haven't seen one in use for ages though. I wonder if LED technology has made them a little pointless? I use a tiny little LED light for map reading, with a bit of insulation tape over the lens- with a pin hole in it. The result is just enough light to map read without damaging your night vision and lighting you up, in a very small (and cheap!) package.

It doesn't have the 'gadget factor' though!

Penrith Survival still sell the NATO one.

http://www.penrithsurvival.com/buy/...nit-that-does-not-affect-night-vision_272.htm

Not a cheap item though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE