Trip Out

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Eldest and had an impromptu trip out today up over the downs, we were hoping to go to the Sussex Meet yesterday and had our bags packed ready to go, but following a very late night on Friday, as both the boys were playing in various bands (Steel & Brass) at the Pavillion Theatre in Worthing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATuB-TcFZtA, events kind of conspired against us and things didnt go at all to plan on Saturday.

But this morning we figured we would get out in the fresh air, even if it was just for a few hours, so we headed up over the Downs.

Walking up the lane

DSCN2577.jpg

View over the fields

DSCN2578.jpg

Up past the small pond

DSCN2583.jpg

and a general view of where we are headed

DSCN2584.jpg

with the old flint barn (remains)

DSCN2586a.jpg

Up in the woods now and time for a coffee

DSCN2589.jpg

and a bit of brekkers, apple pancakes - yum yum

DSCN2600.jpg

DSCN2601.jpg

my impromptu pantry/cafe

DSCN2592.jpg

and my only customer of the day:rolleyes:, he wasnt aware i had bought stuff with us to make pancakes for brekkers, so it made for a nice surprise.

DSCN2591.jpg

but he was aware that we were having bacon butties for lunch

DSCN2610.jpg

we were only out for a little while, but covered about 5-6 miles, all in all was an enjoyable quick trip, we would have liked to gone to the Sussex meet yesterday, but it wasnt to be, always next time i guess, still at least we got out for a little while i guess.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Looks like you had a good time! Been using my wrights knife today, it slides in and out of the new kepis dangler sheath beautifully thanks!!!
Just stuck a few photo's of my Hobo stove on BCUK today, under DIY. Try not to laugh!, it does work well!:lmao:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Looks like you had a good time! Been using my wrights knife today, it slides in and out of the new kepis dangler sheath beautifully thanks!!!
Just stuck a few photo's of my Hobo stove on BCUK today, under DIY. Try not to laugh!, it does work well!:lmao:

Might be going back up there in the week if your free, i want to follow some of the amazing deer tracks that are very much visible in the mud at the moment, would have given you a shout this morning, but it was pretty last minute stuff

Glad the sheath is working well for you:)

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
No worries, been busy moving canoes around today, Need to put my Old town guide 147 on here for sale I think, when i do go canoeing I always take my Old Town pack 1 man!
Please do let me know, would be great!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE