Trip out 23-1-2012

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Me mucker Hugo and I went for a bit of wander this morning, didnt do many miles, but did collect some materials for various projects

DSCN2423.jpg

and i wanted to try my new gas stove out

DSCN2422.jpg

works well too, very impressed for the money.

After a brew we busied ourselves collecting a few sticks for afore mentioned projects, then it was time for lunch, fresh cooked bacon butties - yum yum, perfect, except i forgot the brown sauce:(

DSCN2429.jpg

DSCN2427.jpg

DSCN2432.jpg

after we were fed and watered we headed down hill, Hugo going down slope with a full belly

DSCN2437.jpg

on the way out we took time to look at various things, we found a huge Clematis vine and in sheer coincidence i found Hugo some Iron Pyrite, coincidence was we were only talking about it when we were walking in and then, well two pieces just sitting there.

DSCN2439.jpg

Was a grand morning out, with grand company - cheers mate

Last edited:

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Much as I like the posts about weekends and more in exotic and far flung extremes, it's days like yours that keep most people going and getting out regularly if that makes sense? :)

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cheers guys, i know exactly what you both mean, im lucky as ive been to some far flung places, but there really is no place like the British countryside, there is so much to see and learn out there

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Always drawn to your posts and pics Kepis , i am lucky myself and good mate Skate manage to get out for a bimble/explore every couple of weeks , I really must take a camera ! because i know it interests people on here , thanks for making the effort as usual . I really must try harder !!

Ivan...

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Always drawn to your posts and pics Kepis , i am lucky myself and good mate Skate manage to get out for a bimble/explore every couple of weeks , I really must take a camera ! because i know it interests people on here , thanks for making the effort as usual . I really must try harder !!

Ivan...

Thanks Ivan, tis nice to have a bit of company out there

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
cheers guys, yep, when i got in there was the Brown sauce sitting on the side in the place i left it so i wouldn't forget it:confused:

Last edited:

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
We picked the best day for it Mark, wet and cold here today.
Tent pegs for the meet parachute are all cut and ready.
No bimbling for me today, staying in and doing a bit more carving and another couple of handles to fit on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE