trianga burner adapt

jay120970

Tenderfoot
Sep 9, 2005
devon
anybody know how to make a small compact cooker stand which is windproof and able to hold a set of messtins while using the trianga burner

leon-1

Jay there are a number of different ways of going about this, the first is to make an improvised clickstand (effectively three sheets of metal with notches cut half the depth of the sheets at either end and some support in the form of bolts for the trangia running through the sides similair to the one that Lithril uses, the sheets slot together to form a triangle).

Another way is the ultralight camper, mountain marathon runner type method using a coke can stove of one form or another and then using the grill from a disposable barbecue to make a potstand to stand the pot on and use the foil from the barbecue to make the windshield.

Option three, use the foil from the above for the windshield and use three or four 4 - 6 inch nails to support the pot.

Effectively the methods are limited only by your imagination, I hope that one of the above will work for you or you come up with a better solution, Leon:)

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
http://www.globetrotter.de/de/shop/...%E4lter&GTID=d0a836dbc7b3e05fe1ffb6e42a4b2a01
I bought this (ca € 5,-) to reduce a Trangia to the bare minimum. It works. Or make one yourself from an old can. But the trangia version is very sturdy and cheap.
Alternatively you can also buy a cheap hexstove and cut a hole in the tabs platform.
http://www.globetrotter.de/de/shop/...1001&GTID=d0a836dbc7b3e05fe1ffb6e42a4b2a01a32
http://www.globetrotter.de/de/shop/...1002&GTID=d0a836dbc7b3e05fe1ffb6e42a4b2a01a32

Lifthasir

Forager
Jan 30, 2006
East Yorks
I would say that the small mini-Trangia windshield is too small and not suited to properly support Army style mess tins. The smooth base of mess tins will slide about on it. I've used a mini-Trangia for almost 15 years and they are not the most stable of cookers - due to their small size. The mini-pan it comes with has a little 'ring' mould on the base which kind of mates with the wind shield to prevent slippage. The diameter of a mini-Trangia windshield is only 3 3/4 inches at the top (pan end) and 3 1/4'' at the bottom (ground end). The Army hex burner was designed for mess tins and would be ideal if you cut out a hole for the Trangia as suggested in a previous link.

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
now this is how i made one a tune can alum flat stock bent with a 1/16 spacer in middle turn in for small pots turn out for big pots the burner fits in just right
bac1.jpg

bac2.jpg

bac5.jpg

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
I agree with Lifthasir, because I too own a Mini-Trangia.

I think that the Model 27 Mini is a great personal stove and it has to be if it's used by the KIMM.

However, it's not too good in the wind. So I massacred an MSR windscreen and modified it to fit snugly around the aluminum pot stand. It has a clearance of approx. 1 inch from the bottom of the cooking pot, with ventilation holes punched in the sides. I've found that it makes the 27 far more competent in the wind. As well, the windscreen fits nicely inside of the cooking pot so I really haven't added any extra weight or space to my pack.

I'd post a picture of the setup, but I don't have a digital camera anymore.

Adam

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE