Trevor Ablett Pruner knife

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Well, Ive put an edge on one side of the pruner only, chisel grind.
The handle is supremely comfy as you are cutting upward toward yourself, so the swell fits in your palm.
Its a bit eccentric, maybe more titchmarch than mears, today, but in the past, before electric fencing etc, when hedgerows were made, and laid, it would have been an integral part of a farmers kit.
Love the sheepsfoot as well, as thats another blade thats been around for centuries. good for fishing, whittling, canoes, sailing.

I see it as more of a craft knife. Its growing on me. And the quality is superb.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
opinel_pruner.jpg

I think that is for pruning vines. Shape suitable for one purpose and all that.

I am using such a knife all year long; in the winter to peel off fruits and vegetables usually, in spring for grafting trees and mushrooms gathering, in summer for garden purposes and in autumn again for gathering mushrooms and vegetables from the garden. :)
Thanks for this post, you just remembered me that when i will have the time to make a custom one for myself.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I am using such a knife all year long; in the winter to peel off fruits and vegetables usually, in spring for grafting trees and mushrooms gathering, in summer for garden purposes and in autumn again for gathering mushrooms and vegetables from the garden. :)
Thanks for this post, you just remembered me that when i will have the time to make a custom one for myself.

Thats great to hear. :You_Rock_

BigX

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2014
England
Funnily enough, I started off wanting a Trevor Ablett pruner (just because they look so nice, don't really have a pruning need), gave myself a talking to, then ended up getting this from Santa:
IMG_0906.jpg

It's a thing of beauty, no question and I was a very happy camper on Christmas morning. But now you've got me jonesin' for a stag pruner again, especially now I've seen that rounded handle. Dammit!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Those really are a nice-looking knife...........I think I'm going to be a naughty boy very soon, that'd sit very nicely in my pocket......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE