trekmates gear......any good?

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
hi peeps,
whilst paying my rent in the sham that is my cities main post office i decided to have a quick nose in TK MAXX.
after sifting thhrough the crud on sale i noticed a small section dedicated to sports stuff.
i saw a few items for camping/walking made by a company called TREKMATES and to be honest they didnt look that bad.
they had a few of the storm shelters that are a direct copy of the ones made by vango http://www.trekmates.co.uk/c/20/Tents-Shelters-(Dry).html
TK MAXX were flogging them for 16 quid along with a few other oddsn sods like mosquito nets etc.
before i go wasting my money on one of these shelters and a pair of craghoppers kiwi trousers for 15 quid, has anyone had any experience of this company TREKMATES?

Nov 7, 2008
U.K
got a FAK,mozzi net,storm shelter and a pair of walking poles and they have held up for me so far
and for the prices of them its worth a try

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I have a Trekmates bamboo top (from TK Max) and a merino hat. Both are fine. I think the brand is at the budget end but there's nothing wrong with that.

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
i think i will go ahead and buy one of the storm shelters for £16, far cheaper than the vango version and when i checked the material it seemed to be the same type.
its about time i brought something cheap for bushcraft/walking lol

I've used trekmates stuff for years and it's good quality for the price. Nothing wrong with it at all. I've had the storm shelter for a while and it's ace. I've got a couple of FAKS which are basic but good, and their waterproof bags are really good. You won't get better at that price anywhere.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE