Tree ID please! More photos added!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
I immediately thought "beech", then when I googled it, none of the leaves looked like the beeches I've seen, so I can understand your problem with the book.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I immediately thought "beech", then when I googled it, none of the leaves looked like the beeches I've seen, so I can understand your problem with the book.

Odd isn't it? I'll get some more pics on Monday......hopefully it'll make things clearer!

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
I'd say definitely beach I think the picture makes the leaves look less pointy than they actually are plus they have the deep corrugated shape
And also you can just make out the cupules, I think!

Last edited:

forest hermit

Mar 24, 2014
barnsley
vahepuqy.jpg

European beech (zlatia)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Certainly beech chap, a lot of trees are easier to identify by there bark and branch structure especially beech.
Some trees like oak elm lime sycamore etc are easily identified by there leaves but some are more tricky but if you can try and remember one thing that gives away a trees identity your on to a winner

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE