Tree Felling (Ray Mears again!)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
Dudley Cook: keeping warm with an axe.
I got my self this book to learn about using an axe. It describes in a clear and simple way how to handle wood axe and saw, being efficient and staying alive.
I got it through my local bookstore after having found out about it on the bck page of the little booklet GB is adding to their axes. It cost me €22,-.
If you, like me, are an untuited amateur in working with axes get it, read it and stay in one piece.

Fallow Way

Nomad
Nov 28, 2003
Staffordshire, Cannock Chase
An unfortunate reminder Roving Rich. It is a dangerous enough task as it is, even when someone as experienced, skilled and safety conscious as your Father’s friend, which is why everyone taking on these kinds of tasks should make every effort to tap into the most up to date research and best practice being established by others in the field to limit the ever present risk no matter how simple the task seems.

As involved in the area of tree felling as I am, I am always enthralled when new advice is passed on to peers I look up to and respect as superior, who have in turn been either involved in researching or taken on the new advice.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE