tree felling question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 18, 2011
on moor
Hung up tree, no wind. cut on top 1 third then underneath 10 inch below till weight takes, crack, boom, jobs a gooden, just make sure you pre plan an escape route, side to side don't over look. let it drop and use it that is a gift of nature to you. happy days

riggers

Forager
Jan 13, 2009
newmains scotland
Hung up tree, no wind. cut on top 1 third then underneath 10 inch below till weight takes, crack, boom, jobs a gooden, just make sure you pre plan an escape route, side to side don't over look. let it drop and use it that is a gift of nature to you. happy days

Mate te this is a hung up and wind blown tree so compression and tension cuts are required do not cut 1 third on top then rest underneath as this will pinch the saws bar and chain my advice and I'm a qualified tree surgeon is look at the crown the top see what it is hung up on do not walk underneath the tree look and observe from a distance. My advice is get someone qualified to do it send me a pic and I will try help you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE