Travel tap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 12, 2013
derbyshire
Any thoughts on the travel tap....??
I intend to get one soon and wondered if anyone has used one - what did you think of it and is it as good as it looks??
Cheers
Chris
Derbyshire
Uk.

I've got a couple of the Explorer Canteen 1.0 litres (http://www.drinksafe-systems.co.uk/products.php). I've used them for streams in this country and whilst travelling and trekking through India and the Himalayas (great for drinking the tap water over there!).

They're great. Dead simple to use. The water can be drunk straight away and they only get safer until they wear out (at which point they stop filtering water altogether).

Only thing to bear in mind is the water draws fairly slowly through the filter, so fine to drink from but takes a bit of squeezing to transfer the full litre into a separate vessel (for example when using it to cook or boil).

Amazing for the price really, a lot less hassle than a millbank bank or one of those suction thingamibobs that cost a fortune.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I've got a couple of the Explorer Canteen 1.0 litres (http://www.drinksafe-systems.co.uk/products.php). I've used them for streams in this country and whilst travelling and trekking through India and the Himalayas (great for drinking the tap water over there!).

They're great. Dead simple to use. The water can be drunk straight away and they only get safer until they wear out (at which point they stop filtering water altogether).

Only thing to bear in mind is the water draws fairly slowly through the filter, so fine to drink from but takes a bit of squeezing to transfer the full litre into a separate vessel (for example when using it to cook or boil).

Amazing for the price really, a lot less hassle than a millbank bank or one of those suction thingamibobs that cost a fortune.

What he said. ive got the explorer canteen too. As luck would have it the filter unit also fits on my ortlieb 10l bladder. I also have the thirst aid bag which is also excellent.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE