Travel possible pouch.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
After beening at the airport last year and going through customs, emptying pockets and thing into a tray what a pain.
So i made this pouch, all i got to do is put this in the tray , no more backpack and fighting with overhead lockers and my pocket full when sitting ie phone, glasses, camera, money, tablets, wc paper, pen. so i can travel light in the airport.
The pouch took a year in the making is base on a Aussie saddle bag which i scale down and put zip pockets for security.
The pouch is made from 2mm black oiled leather and hand stitched with tiger thread.

img1317.jpg

img1320.jpg

img1319p.jpg

img1315.jpg

Thankyou for looking
All comment welcome
Cheers Topknot.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nice work...but....

Was there any leather left over for a pair of sling backs to match?

:D

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Very nice, looks great. How did you get on with stitching the zips?

All the best.

Air Pirate

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2009
Nashville, TN, USA
I travel out of the country alot for work and co-workers and I have noticed that alot of foreign (non-Americans to me) tourists, even men, carry some kind of belt pouch or shoulder bag that seems a little purseish if you will.

After alot of discussion we decided that it is just a stuck up American Male thing to not want to seem at all "feminine" and anything that reeks of a purse would ruin that image. I however have decided not to worry about such things and carry one anyway. If anyone threatens my American Manliness I just explain my point of view on functionality, then punch them.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi Soar, no prob's with stitching in the zips. I had to cut them to size first then put the ends back on. I've added a little a bit to the bag which can not be seen, the handle is reinforce with nylon webbing and around the dee ring which runs down the inside of the bag making for a ?
Thanks for the comments , especially Mr Reds.
Cheers Topknot

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hey Topknot,
really nice work, like it a lot, been planning to make a similar pouch too once I got my mates knife sheath out of the way. Is it all stitched by hand? really neat if so.
Cheers
Goatboy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE