trapping bush babes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
I was wondering what the best trap and bait is for trapping the illusive bush babe ? I know there out there but there very hard to find and get hold of lol :rolleyes:

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
Well, the classic trapping methods are:

Strangle
Mangle
Dangle
Tangle

I definitely don't recommend the first two methods, as I assume you are trapping with the expectation of domestication...

So, dangle or tangle?

You'd first have to establish the habits of your chosen quarry to determine it's most frequented paths and habitats. You can then best judge which method will suit both you and your quarry best.

Good hunting, but remember - a trapped quarry can be very dangerous! You generally catch more of these elusive creatures through enticement... :)

ODG

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
A good hunter has to know concealment. Look like something innocuous and you'll improve your chances of closing in before they run off

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Just get lucky!

BB out walks, camps, cooks, shoots, skins, forages me. I find looking middle aged and bemused seems to help. I tend to think though, that I was the prey rather than the hunter :D

Starangely, I met her in a business environment, wearing a power suit and standing 6' 2" in her heels (and all of a size 12 at that). I was so befuddled that I never dared to make a move :(

After we got together and moved in, I told her I was going shooting one Saturday..she looked sad..I said "look I really enjoy it" ..she said " I'm sure I would too - why can't I come"?

She introduced heself to shooting with a cap and ball Colt Dragoon (blackpowder) as a .22 looked too "technical". I'll never forget her face (wreathed in white smoke) as the first ball hit the bull mouthing "fun". My kind of girl!

Red

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
I don't have a bush babe. I dutifully floated the opportunity of spending a night in a barn at the Christmas bushmoot. I was told that a five star hotel in North Africa would do nicely. A plush babe?

maverix

Forager
May 16, 2005
North Devon coast
Ok if this isnt the place for it im happy to take it down/have it removed. should it be deemed unfunny or if its been told before.

However reminded me of this story

Two hunters were out looking for pheasant when they came upon the local farmer's daughter, posing on a log with a glint in her eye, sunning herself. The first hunter asked, "Are you game?" She replied, "I sure am, Honey!" The second hunter shot her.

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
warthog1981 said:
I was wondering what the best trap and bait is for trapping the illusive bush babe ? I know there out there but there very hard to find and get hold of lol :rolleyes:

If you come across a bushbabe in the wild, don't hesitate, be bold, approach and talk to them. Don't act desperate, even if you are. The direct approach always gets a responce, even if it's "Go away, quickly!"

Alternatively, a massive Dairy Milk bar and a big net, so that would be tangle. :D

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Well, in the spirit of fairness I thought we should also consider the techniques required to catch the rather more common Bushbloke.

But then I realised that, as they can be as abundant and as voracious as midgies, perhaps some would probably prefer to hear techniques for repellent!! :eek:

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
ilovemybed said:
Well, in the spirit of fairness I thought we should also consider the techniques required to catch the rather more common Bushbloke.

Easy: Post your wanted add under “Edged Tools” or “Kit Chatter”!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE