Translation of Lavuu Manual

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Ive got a new lavuu but the instuctions are in Swiss. If one of our overseas members could give me a translation I may be able to erect it a lot easier in the future. Cheers to Barney by the way: If it wasnt for his help I would have given up and left the Middlewood meet, after trying for an hour to put the pole in the blinking thing.

Here is a scan, sorry if the size is massive.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Thanks Guys.
Stu

DKW

Forager
Oct 6, 2008
Denmark
Its swedish (Edit: Or norwegian, as Scoops_uk mentions) , not Swiss ;)

Give me a little time, then ill post a translation for you ;)

scoops_uk

Nomad
Feb 6, 2005
Jurassic Coast
It's in Norwegian, which I can recognise but not speak well enough to help. Have you tried typing it into a web translator.

Scoops

Edit: I'll bow to DKW's superior knowledge I didn't think the swedish used "og" for "and". We cross posted.

DKW

Forager
Oct 6, 2008
Denmark
Andersnatten and Skogshorn lavvus have 5 sides.
Lay the lavvu out with zip closed. Stretch the corners equally out, and put a peg into peghole 1 and 2

You can make yourself a piece of string 3,9 meters long for Andersnatten, and 4,5 meters long for Skogshorn, wich you allways keep in the pegbag.
Use the piece of string as a guide for pegging out the 3.rd peghole, by guiding it along the zipper rectangular from the side between peghole 1 and 2.

Then peg out 4th and 5th peghole.

Raise centerpole

Peg out the remaining 5 pegholes.

Peg out the guylines, and make them taught.

There you go :) Not all to sure about the english words tho, but should be understandable, if not. Ask away ;)

DKW

Forager
Oct 6, 2008
Denmark
It's in Norwegian, which I can recognise but not speak well enough to help. Have you tried typing it into a web translator.

Scoops

Edit: I'll bow to DKW's superior knowledge I didn't think the swedish used "og" for "and". We cross posted.

It might be norwegian aswell.
Not to sure. I speak and read danish, norwegian and swedish. Heck. Even german and dutch.
To me the scandinavian languages all look the same :lmao:

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
If you use FireFox rather than Internet Explorer, look in to the Mozilla FireFox Add Ons website and download the Foxlingo web translation Add On. Its FANTASTIC!

Virtually any language which you'll come across can be translated perfectly well.

Its got more languages than C3PO! (o:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE