Trangia problem...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
I have noticed this year that I sometimes struggle to unscrew the lid on my trangia stove. I can't get enough grip on it. Does anyone have this problem? I think it's my grip strength in maybe something to do with the stove still being warm when I screw the lid back on? Any advice appreciated.

Reactions: John59

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Is the vacron washer degrading?

Edited to remove randomly generated text.

Last edited:
Reactions: Van-Wild

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
I recently did an ' unclogging' exercise on a Trangia copy because some of the jets were blocked. As part of the clean up I also used kitchen steel wool to clean the screw thread in lid and on the burner top. I did notice that although the lid had not been sticking, it unscrewed a lot easier after a thread polish with the steel wool.
Might be worth a try.

Reactions: Van-Wild

Mervg

Dec 7, 2014
uk
An old trick. Wrap an elastic band around the lid , double if too long. This gives a good grip. Use the band to secure the burner in plastic bag when in pack - always with you then.
Great on jam jars as well.
Sorry if I’ve stated the obvious or you have already tried this.

Reactions: John59 and Van-Wild

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
An old trick. Wrap an elastic band around the lid , double if too long. This gives a good grip. Use the band to secure the burner in plastic bag when in pack - always with you then.
Great on jam jars as well.
Sorry if I’ve stated the obvious or you have already tried this.
That's genius! I've never tried it! I'll deffo have a go at that

Reactions: John59 and Mervg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE