Trangia / Nova conversion

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I was about to strip a Nova and fit the Trangia conversion kit I had just received when I thought "hold on, do I need to"

Using a Trangia 25 clone, I found that the Nova pushed in from the bottom no problem and works fine, this means I don't have to field strip the Nova should I want to use the stove without the Trangia unit
TNOVA2.jpg

Poured meths over the burner plate and lit it from there, works fine. Just need to tidy up the clone base with a file and away it will go to Shell Island with us next week

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Just one thing, it seems awful close to the aluminium there, and I believe the Nova gets a little bit hot! Have you tried it already, as you don't want yout Trangia turning into a big blob of molten aluminium on your trip!

(Saying that, if it does melt you could just unfold the Novas' legs and use it by itself, but hey ho!)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Ran it for about 15 mins with no problem, if it does melt the base, the aluminium will stop melting at some point and the stove will still be ok to use. This is a Gelert Trangia clone I am using, I have a few so its no big deal if I did loose this one.

I'll burn it for a couple of hours and see what happens

Fingers crossed, I think I have one of these coming :cool:
http://www2.ess.slu.se/peterask/fri/Kok/Arctic/Eng/Main.htm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE