Trangia Non-Stick Pans

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
Where is the best (read) cheapest place to get them from? Also looking for the kettle, but by the time i've got the seperate bits the cost is adding to the value of a whole new set !

I have some Aldi non-stick ones but they dont fit the trangia properly, infact they are making everything bulky and not very suitable.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Where is the best (read) cheapest place to get them from? Also looking for the kettle, but by the time i've got the seperate bits the cost is adding to the value of a whole new set !

I have some Aldi non-stick ones but they dont fit the trangia properly, infact they are making everything bulky and not very suitable.

Please do not waste your time. I have the nonstick ones. I have had it about 6 month with light use and careful care has been taken when using them the non stick has already got chips out of it. I haven't got some but I would of thought the hard anodised ones are much better. I didn't really have the choice as it was a present. But if I did I would of gone with HA ones. I wouldn't reccomend them. Despite all this the non stick is amazing while it lasts.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
ok thanks for the feedback, do the HA have a non-stick coating too?
No the HA ones are hard anodized. Not as non stick as the non stick ones but a lot more hard wearing. They do have some non stick properties but not as much but will out last the nonstick ones by years.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have the non stick ones. They have been used three times a week for about 9 years. Still going strong. They get used for throwing all sorts into the (home) wood burning stove - from crumbles to stuffing to yorkie pud. I found them cheap in Mountain Equipment (£1 a pan). I bought two. IDIOT!!!! they had baskets of them. They were the wrong size for my ickle Trangia so got used for camp fire cooking, home baking and general arsing about. Scratched up a bit, burned black on the outside, but still non stick. Love them

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
I have the non stick ones. They have been used three times a week for about 9 years. Still going strong. They get used for throwing all sorts into the (home) wood burning stove - from crumbles to stuffing to yorkie pud. I found them cheap in Mountain Equipment (£1 a pan). I bought two. IDIOT!!!! they had baskets of them. They were the wrong size for my ickle Trangia so got used for camp fire cooking, home baking and general arsing about. Scratched up a bit, burned black on the outside, but still non stick. Love them

Are they un-branded Red?

I have some no make teflon ones, only used them a hand full of times but they dont fit with the rest of the trangia set :(

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nah - they are for a big Trangia (25) and I have a 27 - they are the real thing. At a quid each I should have bought 50 and re-sold them on E-bay :(

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I've been using a Trangia nonstick pan with my T27 for the last 5 or 6 years and have had no problems with it and the coating is still in good condition.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
What happened did it start to peel or just small chips out. Did trangia replace it themselves.

Small chips and bubbling of the coating on the bottom. First use, the pot was boiling water only.

The vendor replaced it after it had reached Trangia.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Oh right got you. Maybe I'm just being paranoid here. Maybe some small scraped and dents are to be expected. Does it still have non stick properties when there are a few scrapes.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
A few dents and scrapes are unavoidable, I wouldn't bother about a couple of chips personally.

FWIW, I rate the Primus pots, the non-stick is better quality.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE