Trangia non-stick coating bubbling off

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
The first use of my new 27 pot has lifted the teflon coating all over the bottom in bubbles.

I've sent it back as faulty, but if its a common problem I'll not bother with anymore.

Anyone else had this?

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Meths. I'd hoped to use it with my petrol burner as the aldi teflon set I've got handles it easily.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Don't use Teflon pans never ends well !
learnt that one myself some years ago...stainless, aluminium or iron are ok but never Teflon

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I've got teflon pans in the kitchen that work really well, including a £1.99 job from Ikea that has fried no end of stuff. I use them every day. My aldi non-stick camping pots are fine too.

I like them, but you have to be careful with them and never use metal to stir with.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've no experience of the Trangia NS stuff but my MSR Blacklite pans have stood up really well to 10+ years of abuse. It's only the last couple of years that I've started noticing it coming away in places, I think most of that is down to getting sand in the pack on beachy canoe trips :)

para106

Jul 24, 2009
scotland
I had a couple of similar pans with Teflon - not Trangia though, Blacks I think - & the coating started to come off. Don't bother with Teflon as a rule now - Hard Anodised on the 25 & Doussal on the 27.

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Another vote for the cheap Aldi kit. No problems with mine at all. I never shelled out for the Trangia variety sop can't comment on them.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Update;

The Outdoorshop replaced the pan, the new one has no issue and has not bubbled at all.

The coating on the new one still doesn't look as good as the Aldi pans though.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
For avoidance of doubt - that was a fault

My Trangia teflon pans ahve been used three times a week for ten years. They are scratched in places (my fault) - but not bubled and the teflon has not lifted one jot.

Not bad for a set that cost me £1 a pan (oh why did I not buy the 30 pans on offer :()

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE