Trangia gas conversion

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
My current Trangia gas conversion has just given up the ghost so I need to replace it. However, there seem to several different ones on the market. What's your favourite? :rolleyes:

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Scots_Charles_River said:
Whats actually gone wrong ?
The burner ?
Not the actual trangia pans and pan stand ?

If it's the brner unit not re-sealing onto the gas bottles it could be the wee o ring/seal.

Nick
The seal to the cylinder is OK it's the burner unit itself that's the problem. I've tried cleaning it,even had it in the dishwasher. I think the nipple, which is part of a sealed unit, has packed in and no longer supplies the right amount of gas to the holes in the main burner.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
fred gordon said:
My current Trangia gas conversion has just given up the ghost so I need to replace it. However, there seem to several different ones on the market. What's your favourite? :rolleyes:

Fred, how about buying a Nova for your Trangia, or the Primus Omnifuel which will burn gas as well as liquid fuel? and both stoves are very easy to field maintain should there be a problem

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
rik_uk3 said:
Fred, how about buying a Nova for your Trangia, or the Primus Omnifuel which will burn gas as well as liquid fuel? and both stoves are very easy to field maintain should there be a problem
Thanks for that. I'm off looking tomorrow so I will take your advice and look at the Nova. :You_Rock_

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
fred gordon said:
Thanks for that. I'm off looking tomorrow so I will take your advice and look at the Nova. :You_Rock_

Fred, if you get a Nova you will need a simple conversion kit (its only a two minute job) for the stove to mount in a Trangia, they cost £6.50 plus post, its part number 9101 available from www.base-camp.co.uk

Give them a ring if you can't get the kit locally

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Scots_Charles_River said:
Have you tired soaking the head in a solvent ? eg meths for a while ?

Nick
Thanks for the tip Nick but I did try that. Anyway I went for the 'official' Trangia gas conversion as they were on offer where I bought it. I did look at the Nova and really liked it. However, the price was a bit more that I wanted to spend. Thanks for all the good advice and tips and I'm looking to getting out to try the new burner tomorrow. :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE