Trangia Factory

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
My God, do they need to reinvest or what! What a mind numbing job for those poor guys who have to do it all day, no wonder they are so expensive. An interesting film though.

However, and I’ve been banging on about these things, but they are brilliant, go to:-

http://www.minibulldesign.com/vidminiin3.htm

and see how you can make your own, for free; it’s more powerful than my trangia, more fun and all in three minutes.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Andy Brierley said:
My God, do they need to reinvest or what! .

Exactly what I thought, looks like a 1970's film of British Leyland. I thought at first that they need to mechanise all those "...pick this up, put it there, press that button, remove it and put it over there" jobs. But I think in reality, Trangia problably dont make the kind of profits necessary to invest that kind of cash in mechanised production lines. I bet the company sits slap into that "betwixt and between" gap, where the old labour intensive presses and mills are looking very expensive, but full mechanisation isn't an optiopn.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Well at least they haven’t moved production to the Far East to make the money, so you have to respect them for continuing to invest in their local community. A lesson that much of our industry should have learnt, sadly they didn’t.

What’s this got to do with whittling and grit in your brew!

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Andy Brierley said:
Well at least they haven’t moved production to the Far East to make the money, so you have to respect them for continuing to invest in their local community. A lesson that much of our industry should have learnt, sadly they didn’t.

What’s this got to do with whittling and grit in your brew!

A good thing is that the company is still owned by the same family that started it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE