trangia burner advice

wales1

Aug 3, 2011
dumfriesshire
Hi,

After years of using gas stoves I have finally taken the step of purchasing a trangia cooker (27-8 version). Used it for a trial run today in preparation for my next canoe camping trip and found the flame quite large and yellow, I let it burn out of meths so I could give it a close inspection and found what appears to be minor blockages in the jets with some sort of filament/wicking material so got a needle out and tried prodding it about to expose the jets. My question is, does anybody elses trangia burner have this white filament visibly on or near the jets? My second question being does anybody have the tatonka burner and how does it compare to the trangia (I'm thinking of getting one as it appears to have a larger volume)

Cheers

Steve

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
That'll be the wicking material in the sidewall - no problems - it'll burn off after the first few burns. Personally, if you've got the Trangia burner, I wouldn't buy the Tatonka one as well - I don't think it adds much more.

wales1

Aug 3, 2011
dumfriesshire
Cheers Andy, I was hoping it would just be a case of the burner sorting itself out after a few burns. Was still impressed with its heat, timed boil of 6mins for half litre of water with frying pan on top of course ;) not as quick as my pocket rocket gas burner but what's the rush ey! And atleast the trangia will light in sub zero temps :)

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE