Trangia army stove's

Jan 15, 2012
essex
Whats the difference with the pan sets. I see ones with austrain pans, german pans,danish pans and one or two more sets. european pan set was another.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Apart from the exact contents of the kit (maybe you get a fuel bottle, maybe you get a burner) the main difference is stainless or aluminium. I much prefer stainless as it's more or less bombproof but it's relatively heavy of course.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Do you have a good link to where I can get my hands on a stainless steel set? Got the Ali one and love it. But as you say the stainless set would be bombproof if not a little heavy.

Jan 15, 2012
essex
ebay has ss one, military mart got them too.
ged the ones i see all have all the parts, burner, shield, top and bottom pans. one also has a extra pan what fits in the top pan too.

Jan 15, 2012
essex
ss one is a bit heavy. was thinking of getting one for my little boy.
Or get a esbit stove, meths one. can get them for 20 pounds at the mo what is a pretty good price.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
No - thats probably a hybrid - the Austrian cookset and the SAT windshield. THe ss and Alu ones both pack down to an identical size.

I have both and much prefer the cheaper Alu one - it cdooks more evenly and the Alu one is pretty much bullet-proof as it is - the ss is just overkill.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE