Trailbiker stew?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Saw lots of obstructed routes, in a local wood, deliberately placed baulks of fallen timber.

I think someone dosnt like trailbikers.

Is this kind of thing quite common, or is it the start of the biker open season?

Seagull

Realgar

Nomad
Aug 12, 2004
W.midlands
The patch I help out in, we regularly block off paths and open up new ones using the cut timber to block or mark out the way it allows the well trodden bits to regenerate. I can't say we'd welcome trailbikers - it's supposed to be a reserve and they seem to make a bit of a mes - particularly on clay soil.

Nastiest thing I've come across was when fishing - someone had put a stout tripwire ( bailer wire ) heavily staked in right across the path - a public footpath at that albeit a rarely used one. It hurt like hell as I was running at the time and didn't notice the odd ridge of braken leaves across the path.

Realgar

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Alik, it was mountainbikes.

Strangely, since I wrote that thread starter, its clear that the trail-blocker is moving up market and using the sort of material which he must have dragged in at great physical expense. Pity he didnt have something better to do, like help clear out the trash and scatter the fire remains.

seagull

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE