Trail cam help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
There is such a dazzling array on ebay and amazon that I am quite bamboozled by it all.

I am looking for something that will take decent nighttime pics with sound.

Would prefer it to be completely invisible with nothing flashing when the sensor trips and the IR lights up.

For temporary use outside the house and garden. (having issues with troublesome ex neighbour who has been warned to keep away by police but doesnt quite get it).

I know a few of you good folks use them, would be interested to hear some recommendations.

Should I go cheap ebay no-name or is it worth spending say £100 for something that will not change its company name next week?

Thanks in advance

Tant

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Where are you planning to place it? Garden? On Path ? Long way from House etc ??

Without too many details what is the Ex-Neighbour upto? Just wondering if there maybe some similar better options. And how regular are these things happening ?

Lots of things out there now.

For something really decent you'll need to up your top end budget.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
Where are you planning to place it? Garden? On Path ? Long way from House etc ??

Outside my house and in the garden... not far from the house at all.

Without too many details what is the Ex-Neighbour upto? Just wondering if there maybe some similar better options. And how regular are these things happening ?

Warned by the police to keep clear of the area, doesnt seem to understand this. Last night there was yelling loud enough to wake the neighbours at almost 1am and running away.

Lots of things out there now.

Yes there are lots of things, which is why I was asking for advice... :whistling:

Tant

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Yes there are lots of things, which is why I was asking for advice.

Tant

I meant that there maybe better choices than an expensive Trail Cam ( trying to help you...... )

I picked up a Wifi Camera the other day - it takes a Micro SD card and can operate ( limited ) at night. It however need to be powered by mains.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
My sense of humour, apologies. No offense intended.

Wouldn't want something wired but thanks, there would be difficulties running a cable to it permanently.

Like I said, It would need to be outside, and in the crap Scottish weather.

Would be fun to use it as a trail cam at a later date too. Might find my elusive garden hedgehogs, and even perhaps whatever is digging a hole in the unkempt part of the garden.

Tant.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
My sense of humour, apologies. No offense intended.

Wouldn't want something wired but thanks, there would be difficulties running a cable to it permanently.

Like I said, It would need to be outside, and in the crap Scottish weather.

Would be fun to use it as a trail cam at a later date too. Might find my elusive garden hedgehogs, and even perhaps whatever is digging a hole in the unkempt part of the garden.

Tant.

Kinda came across that way...

Keep an eye out on Lidl & Aldi. They tend to do a reasonable unit at cheap price on a regular seasonal basis. - advantage is you could buy a couple , then keep the receipt and return within the warranty period ( think its 3 years ) for a full refund.

For a very good Trail Cam you're looking at £250 plus..

hth

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE