Trail Cam Recommendation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I'm looking to treat myself to a cheap trail cam - something up to the value of £50.
Anyone got any recommendations?
An Amazon link as well would be lovely.

Please restrict your recommendations to cams up to the price stated - I'm sure you've got an absolutely fantastic one that cost just £65 and is worth much more, but that's over my stated price.

Some pictures taken on the camera would be especially welcome.

Cheers, all.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I bought a Toguard H45 a few years ago after a lengthy journey down the rabbit hole. I won’t go into the guts of it, but they review well so add them to your list. As well as mysterious holes and scuffed grass in the garden (fox not the suspected badger), we watched a female rat in the garage and got rid of her, only to discover we also had a couple of playful mice in there too. I don’t have the pics as I didn’t download them, but both the colour day vision and IR night vision were crisp enough to define a rat from a mouse on the tiny display screen.

One really nice thing with them, and this was via email, is customer service. I had a long conversation with them about camera sensitivity and angles of the H40 v the H45, a link to an independent site was sent to enlighten me further, and in the end I bought the H45.

It’s within budget, but bear in mind it doesn’t work with rechargeable AA batteries, so needs standard 1.5v AA like Duraleaks or the better Energisers. And it wants 8 at a time. Last weeks in photo mode or short vid, but set the camera sensitivity too high and you can easily deplete them using 30 second video mode and end up with 100 short videos of the same branch wafting in the wind. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: nigelp

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Check the Amazon Warehouse Deals for more expensive cameras. I bought a really good Bushnell trail camera for £67 this week because it had a ripped box. I won't link similar ones as they're over budget but if you look at cameras that are around £100 you might find a warehouse deal at half price and get a better spec. My other Bushnell is 11 years old and still works fine so I've had good value from it.

Reactions: TeeDee

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
Check the Amazon Warehouse Deals for more expensive cameras. I bought a really good Bushnell trail camera for £67 this week because it had a ripped box. I won't link similar ones as they're over budget but if you look at cameras that are around £100 you might find a warehouse deal at half price and get a better spec. My other Bushnell is 11 years old and still works fine so I've had good value from it.
That’s where is got mine from. Bushnell for £70. A return and didn’t even look like it was opened.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE