Traditional Winter fixed basecamp gear!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
I'm not going to link anything for you, go and look in my trip report threads and that's really not the case (or many other threads). It's called looking after it and not abusing it. Are you aware of how to clean gear properly? Polishing, sharpening and treating things so that they don't rust? Or do you just wreck all your gear?

Take a look at the laplander - does it look new to you? Should've gone to specsavers.

Yes, I'm fully aware of how to clean and care for my kit. The military taught me well. I don't 'wreck' my gear, I don't 'need a trip to specsavers'. Read my post back again, and take your current mood inflection of 'sulky kid seeking validation' out of your thinking. Look at the smiley face in my comment, and then read it again and ask yourself if it was an insult or a compliment. You have put it all up in an elaborately staged manner, beautifully presented, designed to showcase it at it's best. The comment reflected that.

So as for the personal insults, don't. It makes you seem like a petulant child, and don't insult people on line, it says nothing good about you at all. It only points to great immaturity.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Yes, I'm fully aware of how to clean and care for my kit. The military taught me well. I don't 'wreck' my gear, I don't 'need a trip to specsavers'. Read my post back again, and take your current mood inflection of 'sulky kid seeking validation' out of your thinking. Look at the smiley face in my comment, and then read it again and ask yourself if it was an insult or a compliment. You have put it all up in an elaborately staged manner, beautifully presented, designed to showcase it at it's best. The comment reflected that.

So as for the personal insults, don't. It makes you seem like a petulant child, and don't insult people on line, it says nothing good about you at all. It only points to great immaturity.

I wasnt insulting you at all- it wasn't meant to be personal either. Please look at the links I just posted as that might help too. Is there something wrong with displaying things nicely? I like taking photos and I like displaying things too so I chose to post it in that way :).

Edit - you're right I did misunderstand your post- I did when I did the links as well.

I'm sorry if you feel I'm moody- but I can assure everyone I was in no mood at all when I made the original post- just food for thought :).

James.R

May 6, 2009
Wiltshire
Another stunning show of some lovely gear. Looks to be a comfy cosy winter camp coming up! Well done that man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Cameron, whether you meant it or not, it really was. Learn how to elucidate better and people won't think otherwise.

Also, look at how long I've been here, and look at the post count. Then do the same on yourself. I don't 'live' on this website like many.

Trust me, just because I don't put the pictures up, you're not the only one out butchering deer and building shelters. Me and the guys have conducted three survival teaching weekends this summer and autumn already for example, and spend usually 2 days a week in the woods building various shelters (from basic one man 'a' frame through to aircrew shelters) for teaching purposes and have even built a wood bridge into a spot we teach at.

I get out there, and so does my kit. While it may wear the miles, it's in great shape. I just don't feel the need to seek attention with it.

Anyways, nice kit, and I wish you the health and fortune to use it :)

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Cameron, whether you meant it or not, it really was. Learn how to elucidate better and people won't think otherwise.

Also, look at how long I've been here, and look at the post count. Then do the same on yourself. I don't 'live' on this website like many.

Trust me, just because I don't put the pictures up, you're not the only one out butchering deer and building shelters. Me and the guys have conducted three survival teaching weekends this summer and autumn already for example, and spend usually 2 days a week in the woods building various shelters (from basic one man 'a' frame through to aircrew shelters) for teaching purposes and have even built a wood bridge into a spot we teach at.

I get out there, and so does my kit. While it may wear the miles, it's in great shape. I just don't feel the need to seek attention with it.

Anyways, nice kit, and I wish you the health and fortune to use it :)

Edit: you're right- just re-read my post and there was no need in me saying that, just got a bit carried away :).

The main reason my lost count is so high is because I'm full time at college- I'm aware you probably have work too but I post a lot in time were I can't necessarily go out and I enjoy the conversation. Thank you for the well wishes :).

Last edited:

James.R

May 6, 2009
Wiltshire
I'm really loving that nessmuk! Who's the maker? Also is that a beaver pelt covering your pack basket?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I hope your Winter camps are brilliant :D
Good on you for getting out there :cool: good on you for spending your money on sensible stuff :approve:

M

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Oh dear oh dear oh dear...................Such comments about the gear of a young lad who's going about things in a very good way and is enthusiastic about sharing his joy in it......................

Extremely disappointing, in my view. Keep it up Cameron, get the best you can and look after it and, as you obviously do, take the maximum pleasure and joy from it all :)

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Oh dear oh dear oh dear...................Such comments about the gear of a young lad who's going about things in a very good way and is enthusiastic about sharing his joy in it......................

Extremely disappointing, in my view. Keep it up Cameron, get the best you can and look after it and, as you obviously do, take the maximum pleasure and joy from it all :)

Cheers Mac- thanks for the support mate! :)

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I'm really loving that nessmuk! Who's the maker? Also is that a beaver pelt covering your pack basket?

The maker is Joel Delorme mate- though I got it in a trade with a member here :). Yeah it's a beaver pelt I saved from an old coat that had been in the family for years and was literally falling apart- I made some pouches out of it too and I've still got a bit left - lovely stuff :D.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Ignore any people who might try to wind you up Cameron. There are still people all over the forum who are old enough to be your grandad (like me) but who like to enjoy the escapism of getting out into the woods as a means of temporarily forgetting the mundane and the trials and tests of life. Many post here with their projects, kit and lifestyles and there are always the spoilers who fail to see this as enthusiasm and resort to a touch of bitterness. I've looked at your pics previously and the signs of use can be readily seen, maybe more obviously on some kit than others.

Keep working hard to pay your way, practice your skills and enjoy your escapes. If you can't do it at 16 you may not manage it when life gets all serious in a few years time. Keep it coming.....

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Ignore any people who might try to wind you up Cameron. There are still people all over the forum who are old enough to be your grandad (like me) but who like to enjoy the escapism of getting out into the woods as a means of temporarily forgetting the mundane and the trials and tests of life. Many post here with their projects, kit and lifestyles and there are always the spoilers who fail to see this as enthusiasm and resort to a touch of bitterness. I've looked at your pics previously and the signs of use can be readily seen, maybe more obviously on some kit than others.

Keep working hard to pay your way, practice your skills and enjoy your escapes. If you can't do it at 16 you may not manage it when life gets all serious in a few years time. Keep it coming.....

Thanks for the support Falcon! :)

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Thank you all for resolving this without any mods having to jump in
Sounds like a misunderstanding which has now been resolved

A useful learning point for us all perhaps - me included
Always make sure you read the feeling of the post as well as the words themselves

Nice load of kit there, anyone would be proud of that lot and want to show it off.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE