Traditional Finnish log house construction - 25 min youtube video

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Thanks to rj598 of this forum I have found and enjoyed this short film about log cabin construction in Finland, worth a watch.

[video=youtube;_3J5wkJFJzE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded& v=_3J5wkJFJzE[/video]

:)

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I am so envious of the skills of those guys. So much of what they did seemed done by eye and a simple stick measure. One thing though I felt like a bit of prat after watching as I had the sound turned down on the TV well watching it. What was the point of that I didn't understand a word they were saying?

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
I am so envious of the skills of those guys. So much of what they did seemed done by eye and a simple stick measure. One thing though I felt like a bit of prat after watching as I had the sound turned down on the TV well watching it. What was the point of that I didn't understand a word they were saying?

The sound of chopping and carving! Who wouldn't want to hear that?

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I really enjoyed the video. Being a carpenter myself, I would love to try that. Interesting use of dried moss? for caulking, and earth, sawdust and shavings, for under floor insulation. Great vid, Thanks for posting.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Folks who enjoyed that first video might appreciate this one too...

[video=vimeo;17360574]http://vimeo.com/17360574[/video]

...it has been posted here before, it is from the same folks who make the Neeman Tools videos.

:)

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Great videos! And bang on time as I started building my own "Cabin", real inspirational and gives strength as I need it after a week of stone work :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE