Traditional Easter Eggs...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
...and my new antler staff...

Haven't done this for afew years, but as a kid always made dyed eggs using natural materials, and any other substance that will leech colour during the boiling process. Amongst other things used today, petals from various flowers, onion skins and nettles...The best to my mind is one of my daughters...the one top right...

DyedEggs.jpg

My other little time waster today, topping off my twisted chestnut staff with a roe buck tine...just a bit of fun...

chestnutantlerstaff.jpg

Happy Easter

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
You can also do interesting things by wrapping it and then boiling in e.g. onion-skins. Tie-dye eggs!

That is effectively the technique I use...soak the dye materials, wet the egg, and place the petals, onion skins etc around the egg, cover with newspaper and tie with string or coloured wool which also lets the dye out. Put in pan of cold water and bring to boil and continue to boil for 10 mins...the goose eggs I give 20mins...a great tradition that should be revived...then you go to the nearest hill and roll them...

WolfCub

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Bucks
Havn't done this in years !

Thanks for posting and prompting. Know it's a day late but may try this later today.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
We used to draw patterns on the egg with a candle and then boil the eggs along with onion skins...
I have not done this in years!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE