Traditional Corsican shepards knife NEW

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnnythefox

Mar 11, 2011
England
This was bought in Corsica new by me.

its hand forged, hand made and very sharp.

each one is different, I choose from over 20 the one I liked best [with the straightest handle and best feel].

2 pins, blade and horn handle is the tradition, wood or a back spring is not [tourist versions mainly].
these where made in small villages that had no machining tools just a blacksmith and some horn, truly a peasants work tool for hard use.

the blade is about 3 inches plus or minus, it depends how you measure it with that big curve.
its designed so it will last a lifetime with sharpening.

this one has a notch on the blade back this is for woodworking/bark removal etc.
in other areas villages might not have that there are small regional differences.

the small cotton/hessian sack it came with is also included

I bought and even more expensive one than this later on in my journey and so have decided just to keep that one for now.

you can polish the blade if you like, but for me I love the hand forged blade as it is.

this makes a terrific field/bushcraft or even food prep knife.

£110 Bank Transfer preferred

I can post it next day fully insured for £7 Royal mail

JC7_6616_zpsanyflkhz.jpg

JC7_6604_zpsoovadzix.jpg

JC7_6617_zpsutrtf2zu.jpg

JC7_6634_zps6wlomubh.jpg

JC7_6640_zpsfbpjes5x.jpg

JC7_6637_zps363fl9cy.jpg

Last edited:

johnnythefox

Mar 11, 2011
England
I have been EDC ing the other version I have of this Corsican knife and its spot on out in the field.

slices and cuts so well, the horn handle gives perfect and comfortable grip.

nice weight, but not heavy, good balance.

I consider the one I am using as my friendly woods carry.

this is about the price I paid [after exchange rate etc.] it is new and unused.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE