Trade - Primus stove for a Spyderco penknife

Roefisher

Forager
Oct 15, 2005
The Roe Valley
I have a Primus Omnifuel stove which I am looking to trade for a Spyderco UKPK.

My stove has been used once to test it out and it is superb condition. It includes all the accessories and is their top of the range model which is very dependable and popular.

Ideally, I would like an orange UKPK but would accept green or black if need be.

Cheers

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Optimus nova is the best stove money can buy

Certainly on a par, very little difference in performance or build quality and the Primus can use gas too, and you know some people, they want gas.

I've got the Nova and Nova +, not struck on the + I think the standard Nova simmers better? Which do you use, or both?

Richard

Roefisher

Forager
Oct 15, 2005
The Roe Valley
I've used both the Nova and Nova+

Although it may go against the grain with some fans, I slightly preferred the Nova. I think that it has a better heat range that the Nova+. When flat out, it burns slightly stronger than the Nova+. So much so that I wanted to make sure and so I disassembled the Nova+ in case it was slightly clogged, but when cleaned up the result was the exact same.

But the real beauty is when simmering. The Nova+ control feels slightly spongy when you turn it down to the lowest heat - it always seems to sneak up to a slightly higher burn when you let go of the fuel line. The Nova has a wonderful simmer which stays at a trickle of heat.

But the Nova+ does have better feet/pot holder arms. So in my case, when I fitted the Nova+ on the Trangia and took the benefit of the better arms sitting idle, by fitting them onto the standard Nova.

On a side note, another stove I've used with great flame control was the MSR Dragonfly. It was a wonderful flame range with it's CoolFuel™ valve fitting. Sadly, overall it's not nearly as good as the Primus and Optimus being let down with a lot of plastic and is of a much lesser quality, generally speaking.

My favourite is the Omnifuel, mainly for the gas option but I like the entire package. Only recently have I found out that the Omnifuel can be used with the Trangia cookset (by doctoring an Optimus adaptor a little) and that has been a bit of a bummer. Had I known that, I'd have kept the Omnifuel and sold the Nova+

:beerchug:

Cheers

Roefisher

Forager
Oct 15, 2005
The Roe Valley
I've been looking around and realised that I had a couple of enquiries about the stove. I'm sorry for not getting back to answer them but the Omnifuel is away.

The funny thing is that I am now stoveless and may well be looking for another one, or maybe a Nova, when I start out fishing again in early summer.

Cheers for the earlier interest,

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE