"Tracks" Book

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
Evening Folks,
Have been sorting through some books this evening to be boxed up and found my old "tracks" book that was the accompanying book to the series I believe! My Father got it for me when I was 12 and was my first Bushcrafty resource and something that sparked my interest further. So was just wondering who else has a copy and what did you get out of it??

Mods, If this is in the wrong place please move it!

Cheers

Jon

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Do you have a photo of the cover to tease us with?

There were several 'tracks' books produced, four in total I think, one for 1994, 95, 96 & 97. I never had the leaflets back then but the 'Ray Mears' segments on tracks were something that pushed my in more bushcrafty direction than my outdoor activities had hitherto led me.

Some cover pics (except for 94, for which I have no cover picture).

tracks_1994.png

tracks_1995.png

tracks_1996.png

tracks_1997.png

Last edited:

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
that mention of Mr. Crabtree in the first photo of sandbenders post above brings back very fond memories of fishing as a youngster for me, created by the late Bernard Venables his cartoon type fishing exploits with his fictional son ‘Peter’ were wonderful. He also co-founded the Angling Times in 1953 which published another bit of fishing nostalgia for myself, The Kingfisher Guild which was published to encourage youngsters.

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
D'ya know what, I never knew there were other versions, I have the 1995 version, anything of particular interest in any of the others?

backpacker

Forager
Sep 3, 2010
Eastbourne, East Sussex
There were several 'tracks' books produced, four in total I think, one for 1994, 95, 96 & 97. I never had the leaflets back then but the 'Ray Mears' segments on tracks were something that pushed my in more bushcrafty direction than my outdoor activities had hitherto led me.

Some cover pics (except for 94, for which I have no cover picture).

tracks_1994.png

tracks_1995.png

tracks_1996.png

tracks_1997.png
I have a copy of the BBC Tracks 1995 and 1996 which is a brilliant little books for anyone starting out and thinking about bush crafty things and nature, I think this is where I came across Ray Mears for the first time which inspired me to buy his first book and to be honest I've never looked back even though I was practicing Bushcraft and Survival Skills much earlier than that, but these books I think inspired a lot of people to look at the great outdoors and what it had to offer. Memories!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE