Tracks, a little teaser!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Taffy63

Forager
May 18, 2009
Vale of Glamorgan
I'm not long back from holiday and thought you lot might like to have a go at identifying these...

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

I followed the prints to here...
IMG_0295.jpg

A close up of the damage done...
IMG_02952.jpg

I won't say anything about where these photos were taken just yet, we'll see how you get on. Scale wise, the full set of four feet cover about 12 inches.

Cheers
Nigel

Taffy63

Forager
May 18, 2009
Vale of Glamorgan
Sorry no correct guesses yet, I'll post another clue tomorrow. Nice try with the Haggis though, but no evidence of different leg lengths as far as I can see, also pretty much at sea level. :D

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Looks like Blacktimberwolf has done his homework, classic Lagomorph gait, with a 12 inch stride probably a Rabbit...Were was your holiday?.
.after double checking with this rabbit track image and looking at the 6 inch scale Hare,99.9%...Final answer.

Last edited:

Taffy63

Forager
May 18, 2009
Vale of Glamorgan
Well I must admit that I may have been unintentionally misleading with the measurement. I was trying to give a sense of the gait as well with 12", sorry about that. I was holidaying on one of the Canary Islands, that should help with your guesses.
Cheers
Nigel

Taffy63

Forager
May 18, 2009
Vale of Glamorgan
Make your mind up dude.............12 inches or not.......

Are we looking for a non native ungulate ?

12 inches from the back of one set to the beginning of the next, give or take. In hindsight I should have placed something in the picture for scale. You can clearly see toes in some of the prints especially near the plant, so not an ungulate, but not native. There are no native mammals on this island.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE