Tracking.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

East Scout

Tenderfoot
Jun 28, 2006
Alaska
www.hostingphpbb.com
I was out a few days ago exploring my area and came upon some tracks from hunters. I was originally looking to track some Kent County White Tail but I figured this was as good a task as any.. I decided they were fresh enough to follow. Its hunting season here so I had to be careful...Anyhow I followed the tracks and it indicated two sets wich ment two people..........I followed them strait to their hide. They werent in them but there gear was..

dsc04379.jpg

Found this stuff at the first hide then the track split up w/ the first set following the second so that told me they had met up at another point..

dsc04378.jpg

Followed the tracks to the second hide across a road and to a field edge...I was surprised they left thier stuff out like that but it made the tracking that much more interesting. Incase you're wondering i didnt take thier things. Thats just wrong but i was happy they left it as it validated my theory I was on a fresh track..

ES

Spikey DaPikey said:
you could have maybe left a note, telling them NOT to leave there equipment where anyone could have took it ;)

Or perhaps arranged some sticks and twigs to create some bizarre occult symbol - perhaps an odd skull here and there, kind of Blair Witch style. I'm sure the hunters would have seen the funny side - eventually :lmao:

Phil.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Too Much Kit To Carry said:
Or perhaps arranged some sticks and twigs to create some bizarre occult symbol - perhaps an odd skull here and there, kind of Blair Witch style. I'm sure the hunters would have seen the funny side - eventually :lmao:

Phil.

That was just what I thought as I was reading the post above. :lmao:

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
scanker said:
That was just what I thought as I was reading the post above. :lmao:
Yeah but you wouldn't know just how good their tracking skills are. Hunter becomes the hunted an' all that. I don't like the look of those bows :) Compounds don't miss that often.

Pablo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE