Tracking Courses

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
I would like to do a tracking course, but I don't know which provider to choose. Can anyone recommend me a good course?

Ideally, I need it to be in Southern / South West England and not to cost me an arm and a leg!

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I did the basic and intermeadiate few years ago with Jonny Crocket and Ian Maxwell at Survival School and very good they were too!
I think Jonny does a tracking course near Exeter if that's any good for you.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I did a tracking course with Bushcraft Expeditions organised through the forum a few years ago, it was only a taster but Andy and his crew really knew their stuff. I probably took more away from that course than any of the others I've done.

Worth a look

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Shadow Hawk Tracking is run by Max and is based down in the South West England , I did the Fundamental and Intermediate courses with him just outside of Exeter and found it to be a very useful and eye opening experience. The teaching is conducted by a team of trackers and student to tutor ratio was good when I did the course ( a few years ago now , could do with a refresher..).

http://www.shadowhawk.co.uk/

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I've been interested in doing this myself but am based in the North West. Does anyone have any recommendations for courses up here as well.

I think Survival School do a course in Staffordshire, not quite the North West but closer than the South West :)

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Shadow Hawk Tracking is run by Max and is based down in the South West England , I did the Fundamental and Intermediate courses with him just outside of Exeter and found it to be a very useful and eye opening experience. The teaching is conducted by a team of trackers and student to tutor ratio was good when I did the course ( a few years ago now , could do with a refresher..).

http://www.shadowhawk.co.uk/

Yes Max was also running the course I did, he certainly seems to know his stuff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE