Toyota Rav 4

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Does anyone know if the Rav 4 has a low-range 4WD setting or not?
I have a suspicion it doesn't, which will make it useless for me.
Cheers.

Hi Durulz,

My little sisiter had an N reg. It was in 4 wheel drive all the time with a traction setting for during snow and ice. So in answer to your question: No. In the purest form of 4X4 definitions.

I've got a Mitsubishi Club Cab L200 with high and low 4X4 and a rear diff lock if you are really in the dwang. It's my work vehicle and use 4x4 mainly in the winter, lugging my trailer and minor off road conditions. There are no "real" 4X4 conditions in the UK compared to my 22 years in Africa! (Gulp - Up to the doors mud and sand type stuff - Out the windows everyone and take the sand traps and a shovel with you.) In my club cab, I chuck both kids in the "London Taxi" back seats and the wife navigates from the passenger seat without a nag sent in my direction. Ever!

I think the price is comparable to the newer RAVs so you may consider a pickup. Perhaps a twin cab? L200 are the best priced pick ups at the moment.

Have fun looking around.........hc

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
have a look at an earlier Suzuki Grand Vitara ( 2.0TD ) 5 door hi and low box, 2 and 4 wheel drive, great wagons and very reasonably priced.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE